ELIGIBLE FOR ONLINE CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Eligible shows must :
1. Be judged by a USEF Licensed judge (r, R or S), or USEF WD judge (r or R) or a Working Equitation judge, in order to be eligible.
2. Western Dressage Shows must be recognized by WDAA with all the rules aligning with said organization.
3. All the rides must be unique to the show and can not be repeats or resubmitted rides from a rated show or other online show.
4. Each ride MUST have a hand-held sign at the beginning of each ride with the Rider’s Name, Test Ridden, Show Name and Date.
NO graphic overlays. Footage must not cut between sign and start of test.
5. Show Manager will be asked to certify these rules for Championship ride recognition.
In March of 2020, a provisional utility patent was submitted to the United States Patent office, holding the rights to all online sport competitions and judge training within the United States. That following November, of 2020, a utility patent was applied for, patenting all online sport competitions, including equestrian competitions. This same patent was granted by the US Patent office in February 2022. Under this patent, all Virtual Shows, Virtual Horse Shows, Equestrian Judges education and similar must apply for a license in order to present a competition online. The Patent qualifications is for all Non-combative Virtual Sport Competitions, Judges training and competitor to judge coaching, under the Patent named: “Virtual Sports Competition”.
Licensing monies are used to promote the participation of online competitions to anyone who wishes to try and learn and support the technology, manpower and championships that are possible with this system.